The recipe looked good, but there were a couple of ingredients I did not care for, so I decided to modify… Here is the result– you tell me what you think! (I loved it!)
Yogurt Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups oat flour (I just used my food processor to grind regular oatmeal and measured 2 cups of the processed oats)
- 1/4 cup unrefined sugar, such as evaporated cane juice (I used sweetener)
- 1/4 cup honey (I used sweetener once, and honey once; preferred the recipe with honey)
- 1 1/2 tsp each baking soda and baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain non fat Greek yogurt (I used regular yogurt the second time; just as good)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 good cups fresh or frozen blueberries
Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease or line a 12 cup muffin tin. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, both sugars, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add all other ingredients and mix until well combined. Evenly divide the batter amongst the prepared muffin cups.
Bake for about 20 minutes until the muffins are golden brown and a wooden tester inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
12 muffins, 97 calories per, 2.5 g fat, 15 g carbs, 5 g protein and 2 g fiber