I love, love, love the healing salve I make with essential oils. It meets so many needs, and does it so well. So I got bolder and decided to try some new DIY essential oils products. Why not? Why would I pay good money for products full of chemicals that actually harm me when I can make an all-natural version? I mean, I am not that stupid!
So I have been working on a deodorant; the recipe will come soon. But today, I want to share my cool DIY dishwashing cubes. They are inexpensive and ridiculously easy to make, and they do the job perfectly; what’s not to like?
You will need:
2 ice cube tray
1 cup Borax
1 cup Washing Soda
1/4 cup Epson Salt
4 Tbs Lemon Juice–perfect sanitizer and it smells good too!
12 drops of doTerra Melaleuca Essential Oil -perfect disinfectant!
Here is what you do:
1. Put all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix.
2. Add lemon juice-the mixture will fizz a bit. It should be moist, but not too wet. If necessary, add just a bit of juice.
3. Add 12 drops of doTerra melaleuca essential oil. Mix well.
4. Put the mixture in the ice cube trays, patting it down firmly. I wound up with 24 cubes.
5. Put the ice cube trays somewhere where they can dry well; maybe in front of a window?
6. Wait until completely dry, 24 to 48 hours. Take the cubes out the the ice cube trays.
7. You are done!
Pretty cool, isn’t it?
Linking up with Wildcrafting Wednesdays.