While most machines are designed to do only one or two job, all the parts of the human body work so well together that you can do all kinds of different things – many at the same time. Nobody has ever been able to invent one machine that could do even half the things your body can do. And no other machine can think up new ideas, change its mind or make jokes.
Here are just a few interesting facts about your amazing human body:
• Your skin is your largest organ and the only one exposed to the elements.
• As a baby you had over 50% more bones than you do now.
• The majority of all your bones are in your hands and feet.
• All the blood that flows through your body is actually a liquid organ.
• The surface of your lungs is about the size of an average tennis court.
• You’re made up of 100 trillion cells that do a variety of jobs.
• Standing on your head won’t help you lose weight. Food still goes to your stomach.
• Your heart will beat about 3 billion times throughout your lifetime.
Your body machine is a complex organization of parts and systems that generally function cooperatively to keep you in proper working order. Your heart and brain are the CEO partners in charge of operations. Your brain acts as the “brains” and your heart is the “brawn.” No one truly understands all of the many mysteries of the human body. But we do know it’s no simple task being you. If you think you’ve been busy lately and at the effect of time, consider all the other things your body does every 24 hours.
Responsibilities of the Human Body:
• Your heart beats 103,689 times.
• Your blood travels 168,000,000 miles.
• You breathe 23,040 times.
• You inhale 438 cubic feet of air.
• You eat 3 ½ pounds of food.
• You drink 2.9 pounds of liquid.
• You lose in weight 7.8 pounds of waste.
• You perspire 1.43 pints.
• You give off heat 85.6 degrees F.
• You turn in your sleep 25-35 times.
• You speak about 48,000 words.
• You move 750 major muscles.
• Your nails grow .000046 inch.
• Your hair grows .01714 inch.
• And you exercise 7,000,000 brain cells with each thought-
WOW–that’s all I have to say!